Please note that the NCDS caters for organisations. If you are an individual and would like to access condoms then please see here.
Click here to read the National Condom Distribution Service Report of Activities for 2022.
If your organisation would like to order condoms and lubricant from the National Condom Distribution Service (NCDS) but is not yet registered, please see information below on how to register with the NCDS.
What is the National Condom Distribution Service?
The National Condom Distribution Service (NCDS) distributes free condoms and lubricant sachets to services working directly with population groups who may be at increased risk of unplanned pregnancy, HIV or STIs. This service is managed by the Sexual Health and Crisis Pregnancy Programme, HSE Health and Wellbeing.
Who can order condoms and lubricant from the NCDS?
- Public sector, including STI clinics, hospitals, and HSE health promotion & improvement
- Third-level institutions
- Non-governmental organisations (NGOs)
- Public STI clinics
- Other eligible not-for-profit organisations working directly with key groups and individuals at increased risk of experiencing negative sexual health outcomes
- HIV PrEP providers
How should condoms and lubricant sachets be distributed to individuals?
Condoms and lubricant sachets should be provided through a variety of channels, including but not limited to:
- sexual health education programmes
- clinical and/or non-clinical sessions with service users
- outreach work and events with key audiences
What is the application process?
To avail of the service, agencies/services must agree and commit to the Terms and Conditions of the NCDS.
Terms and Conditions
- General Terms and Conditions, which apply to every organisation distributing NCDS condoms and lubricant sachets, can be found here.
- There are additional requirements for organisations operating a postal service using NCDS products, which can be found here.
By submitting an application form, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set down by the HSE and agree to submit annual reports to the HSE Sexual Health and Crisis Pregnancy Programme (SHCPP), and any additional information or reports as requested. The HSE SHCPP will contact organisations with the NCDS Reporting Form annually. Funding for this service is provided for by the HSE SHCPP.
How do I register to order condoms and lubricants?
To register to order condoms and lubricants, you will need complete the following steps:
- Complete the NCDS application form, which can be accessed here,and submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure you are signed up to healthpromotion.ie. To register for this service, go to healthpromotion.ieclick on Order Publications and look for Create an Account. This is a once-off process and it will permit you to access the NCDS once your application has been approved.
Please note: Once your application has been reviewed and your account approved, we will send a password to the email address you included on your application form (for ordering purposes). This process may take up to two weeks from receipt of your application form. This password will permit you to access a restricted section on www.healthpromotion.iewhere you can order condoms and lubricant.
How do I order condoms and lubricant sachets?
Once your application is approved and your account on www.healthpromotion.ie is created, please follow the below process to order condoms and lubricant sachets on www.healthpromotion.ie.
- Use your login to access the 'Professional' side of the website where you can order condoms and lubricant sachets. To login enter your email address (address you provided on the application form for ordering purposes) and the password sent to you. Then click on the ‘Login’ tab.
- On the homepage of healthpromotion.ie you will see a ‘Search Publications’ section on the right hand side. Click on the drop down arrow under the heading ‘Category’ and select ‘Sexual Health’. This will bring you to all HSE sexual health materials.
- You can also search for “condoms” or “lubricant” to find both products.
- You can order condoms and lubricant sachets inputting the quantities you would like to order and clicking ‘add to basket’ beside each item.
- When you have ordered what you want, click the tab called ‘Your basket’ on the right hand side of the page to complete your order.
- At this point, you need to review the quantity for each and click the tab called ‘continue to order’.
If you experience any difficulty using this service, please email email@example.com
When was the NCDS established?
The NCDS was established by HSE Health Promotion and Improvement in 2015 to assist in meeting the strategic aims of the National Sexual Health Strategy 2015-2020; to improve sexual health and wellbeing, and to reduce negative sexual health outcomes such as STIs and crisis pregnancies.