Terms and Conditions for all organisations registered with the NCDS
In accessing the NCDS, you are agreeing to the following:
- That your service is a recognised, established service engaged in an aspect of sexual health promotion or sexual health service delivery within the Republic of Ireland. In accessing the National Condom Distribution Service (NCDS) you agree that condoms and lubricant sachets received by you and your service will be disseminated within the Irish Republic only.
- That your service provides sexual health promotion activities and or services in accordance with Irish legislation, tax legislation and in addition, complies with Children First legislation.
- That the condoms and lubricant sachets are for distribution to the respective agency’s patients/clients only. This may be in a one-to-one setting, an education/training session or in a public venue as part of an outreach campaign/intervention.
- That the agency will not sell or charge your clients/patients for the condoms and lubricant sachets that you receive free from the NCDS.
- That when disseminating the condoms in a one-to-one or education/training setting a health intervention will take place with your patients/service users.
- That when disseminating the condoms as part of an outreach campaign or a public health intervention work, the person distributing the condoms will endeavour to provide sexual health information, for example, printed information on HIV/STIs at the same time.
- That you will inform all patient/clients that the NCDS condoms ARE NOT LATEX FREE.
- To monitor the expiry dates on the condoms you hold in-store and not disseminate condoms with a shelf life less than 12 months before the stated expiry date on the condom foil. Condoms with a shelf life shorter than 12 months can be used for information/demonstration purposes only.
- To store and handle the condoms and lubricant sachets in a manner to prevent any damage to the foil packaging; to dispose of any condoms and lubricant sachets that are damaged in any way.
- You agree to respond to any queries or complaints your service may generate by distributing condoms and or lubricant sachets distributed from your service.
- On receipt of your order of condoms and/or lubricant sachets you are responsible for checking the condom and lubricant sachet foil packaging to ensure it is not damaged prior to distributing to your patient’s/service users. If the products you receive are damaged please do not distribute them and notify the HSE Sexual Health and Crisis Pregnancy Programme (SHCPP) at Ray.Young@hse.ie
- You agree to provide a yearly report to the HSE SHCPP on the use of the condoms and lubricant sachets received from the NCDS. The reports will be submitted to the HSE SHCPP Research Assistant in as requested each year using the NCDS report template. The HSE SHCPP may also request additional information throughout the year.
- Organisations accessing the NCDS products will make the HSE SHCPP aware of any promotional or media initiatives and will reference the HSE SHCPP, as the provider of the condom and lubricant sachets across promotional channels. For events, services ordering from the NCDS will provide an outline of planned promotional opportunities to the HSE SHCPP at least 10 working days in advance of the event and/or will notify the HSE SHCPP on the commencement of an initiative. When planning events and promotional messaging, services will agree to provide prominent visibility of HSE branding on online and offline promotional messages and resources.
Please contact Ray.Young@hse.ie for further information.
You accept that your application to participate in the NCDS will be removed if any of these Terms and Conditions are breached.
Terms and Conditions for Postal Services
There are additional requirements for organisations operating a postal service using NCDS products, which include:
- The organisation must ensure that service users register before their first order is dispatched.
- The organisation must ensure that service users are contactable and that their contact details are verified before their first order is dispatched.
- The organisation must verify the age of service users, confirming they are aged 17 years or older.
- The organisation must ensure that the policy and procedures for the service are aligned to their broader organisational policies relating to data protection and child protection.
- In packages being sent in the post, the organisation must include correspondence from the organisation, identifying the name of the organisation and with clear contact information.
- All packages dispatched containing condoms and/or lubricant sachets should include sexual health promotion information, such as the HSE ‘How to put on a condom’ leaflet. HSE sexual health promotion resources can be ordered free of charge on healthpromotion.ie
- The organisation should clearly sets out a complaints procedure for service users.
- The organisation should ensure that the envelopes used for sending condoms and lubricant sachets will provide adequate protection to these products.
The Health information complementary to international best practice guidelines
- Quality testing marks, e.g. British Kite Mark and European CE marks.
- Best before date/expiry date.
- Storage risks, e.g. store in a cool dry environment – don’t keep in direct sunlight.
- How to put on a condom, preventing airlocks, don’t roll on the wrong way around etc.
- Not to be used with oil-based products – only to be used with water-based products.
- Condoms may only be used once.
If you have feedback on the condoms and lubricant provided by the HSE NCDS, please contact the supplier at Sales@pasantehealthcare.com
For more information and video clips on condom usage, please link here see a video here or more information can be found on the Man2Man website here.