What is sexual violence?
Sexual violence is when a sexual act is committed against someone without that person's freely given consent.
Sexual violence is defined as:
- to attempt to or force penetration of a victim
- to attempt to or force penetration with a person who has taken alcohol or drugs
- to force someone to penetrate someone else
- to pressure someone verbally or through intimidation or misuse of authority to commit a sexual act
- to force someone to have unwanted physical and non-physical sexual and contact
If you have been a victim of sexual violence you can access free, confidential support and advice.
Please click here for further information on the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre.
Click here for a full list of Sexual Assault Treatment Units.
Click here for information about sexual consent.